What To Expect When You Return To Lonsdale Pool
We really look forward to welcoming you back to Lonsdale pool, please bear with us whilst we plan for a safe re-opening. Once we have an opening date confirmed, this will be announced on our social media channels and here on our website. At the moment, we are looking to open in September 2020.
In the meantime, we have listed below some of the changes you are likely to experience, it will be quite different from the way we used to operate, so we ask for your full co-operation to ensure the safety of all swimmers and staff.
- Due to the size of our changing rooms and the guidance given by Swim England, our changing rooms will be closed until further notice. We ask that you come to the pool with your swimwear on (beach ready) Please bring a towel/dressing gown or whatever you fancy!
- Flipflops must be worn (Ones that have not been worn outside)
- All lessons are now 25 mins – this is to ensure we can clean the pool between lesson slots.
- Lessons will be run at a reduced capacity to keep in line with social distancing measures.
- Limited parents/carers allowed within the building.
- Children in swimming lesson’s ages 8 and over – parents will be asked to wait in their car
- A toilet will be available for swimmers and cleaned regularly.
- Lifeguards can no longer look after any personal property for swimmers.
- We cannot keep any lost property on the premises, anything left will, unfortunately, be destroyed.
- Full terms and conditions will be available once we announce an opening date.
- Please book and pay for your session online (we are currently working on an online booking system) This is to ensure the correct capacity within the pool at any one time. Please do not come to the pool without doing this as we will be unable to allow you access.
Hopefully, this will give you an idea of what to expect when returning to the pool. As with most things at the moment, the above is subject to change due to the current pandemic. Please be assured we are doing everything to ensure a smooth re-opening and your safety is of the utmost importance to us.
Should you have any concerns please contact us via email or by messaging our social media channels.
Thank you for your continued support.