The National Pool Lifeguard Qualification is a highly recognised RLSS UK standard for lifeguarding in swimming pools. The course will provide with the laws and health and safety side of being a life guard, a continuous assessment will take place through out the course with a practical assessment on the last day.
The dates the courses will run are:
Sunday 30th July 2017 (1-6.30pm)
Monday 31st July 2017 (8am-3.30pm)
Tuesday 1st August 2017 (8am – 6pm)
Wednesday 2nd August 2017 (8am – 6pm)
Thursday 3rd August 2017 (8am-3.30pm)
Friday 4th August 2017 (8am – 5pm)
The cost for the course including assessment fees is £250 Course materials are supplied. To secure your place you must pay a £60 Deposit with the application form, then the rest of the course cost on the start date.
It is essential that new candidates meet the following criteria;
- Are at least 16 years of age prior to the course commencing
- Jump/dive into deep water.
- Swim 50m in no more than 60 seconds.
- Swim 100m continuously on the front and back.
- In deep water, tread water for 30 seconds.
- Surface dive to pick up an object at 3.25m. (If you have any ears problems these MUST be declared.)
- Climb out unaided without the steps.
Depending on your swimming experience stated you may be asked to come to a session prior to the course to ensure your basic fitness criteria are adequate. Candidates will also be assessed on the basic fitness criteria on the first pool session and cannot continue on the course unless the criteria are met.
It is essential that candidates attend all dates of the course as a minimum of 39hours training is required before assessment. This includes the AED .
What to bring for your first session:
- You will need to bring swimwear, t-shirt and shorts to wear in the pool and a whistle.
- Pen and paper.
- Enough food and drink for the day as there are no canteen facilities.
- Please note that you will not be able to wear goggles/glasses (prescription or not) for the final water assessment.
Where: Lonsdale Swimming Pool, 41 Bishops Lonsdale Way, Mickleover, Derby DE3 9DF (DE3 9GW for SAT NAV use).
Please phone Lynn on 01332 516325 for more information.
Lonsdale Swimming Pool, 41 Bishop Lonsdale Way, Mickleover, Derby, DE3 9DF
01332 516325 [email protected]